Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Guess Who's Back?!??!? (back, back...)

Back again... (again, 'gain...) - Oh I feel like singing!

Today has been an amazing day!

We are still trying to get into the swing of things with our homeschooling... (yes, we've been working on it since the beginning of January!) I love the fact that we are able to school from the couch to the counter, swimming pool to the park - (and yes, hotel swimming pools... it's STILL FREEZING here in MT!)

One thing I've definitely learned from this new adventure with my sweet girls is that there is really no wrong or right way to home school. Whatever way works for you is the PERFECT way for your family. We have days where we spend hours working in workbooks, spend LOTS of time reading, and even bring pen and paper to the grocery store. But, we also have days where the only schooling we get is 'playing Hotel housekeeping' in our home. Yep, we even put on our aprons, pretend knock and make sure the house is in tip-top shape! It's pretty sweet seeing the girls actually being little girls again, without a care in the world. Their giggles and free-spirit make me know we made the right decision to bring them home. I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING (even on the days when I think "What am I doing?" or when people say "Why on earth are you doing this to your kids?")

I'm happy... and when I ask the girls, they say they are too.

So here's to a Happy Spry family... and another win for the PURPLE HIPPOS! aka Arly's softball team.

XO.
Jari

No comments: